Who will control my data?
Name of data privacy manager: Mrs Sibley Orsler
Postal address: Penventinue Manor Farm, Penventinue Lane, Fowey, Cornwall. PL23 1JT
Telephone number: 01726 833393/07792 454094
If you are unhappy with how we have collected or used your data, please contact us.
How do we collect personal data from you?
We obtain personal data from you when you send requests on our website, contact us to make a booking or enquiry or submit information directly via sign-up forms, if you supply us with information when you stay with us, and if you sign up to receive our newsletters or updates.
We use this information for various reasons: to tell you about offers, events and other news, to occasionally check that our records are correct, and to check that you are happy and satisfied. We do not share email lists with any other organisations and businesses.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters etc at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Types of data we collect
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and information regarding your booking preferences. If you make a booking, we do not hold your payment card information: it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you.
Sometimes we may need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract we have with you.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
To provide you with information relating to our website, property or services that you request from us
To process a booking you have made
To meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
To deal with entries into a competition
To seek your views or comments on the services we provide
To notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, service or product changes.
To send you communications that you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about stays, events, promotions, offers, information about the property and the surrounding area and replies to requests and booking enquiries or confirmations
To administer this website
To notify you about products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
Sharing your data
Your privacy is important to us and we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing and marketing purposes. It is for our sole use.
Third-party product providers we work in association with:
When you are using their secure online booking system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with the law.
If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at:
Or write to us at: Penventinue Manor Farm, Penventinue Lane, Fowey, Cornwall PL23 1JY
Alternatively, you can telephone 01726 833393
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to provide you with ongoing information regarding our properties and including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for tax purposes for six years after they cease to be a customer. The data we keep may include contact, identity, financial and transaction date. In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete your data and we will do this subject to any legal obligation on us to retain it.
Your legal rights and how to opt out
You have the right to:
– be informed of how we will process it
– request a copy of what we hold about you
– have it amended if it is incorrect or incomplete
– have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
Changes to this privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
We keep this policy under regular review. Data protection was last updated to GDPR in May 2018. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.