Cornwall stole the show at the British Travel awards – just look at the achievements…
• Best UK Holiday County or Region – Cornwall – gold
• Best UK Visitor Guide Website – VisitCornwall.com – gold
• Best UK Coastal Town – St Ives – Gold, Fal River – bronze
• Best UK Leisure Attraction – Eden Project – Gold
• Best UK Heritage Attraction – The Minack Theatre – Bronze
• Best UK Waterways/ Lakes Boat Operators – Fal River – Silver
Cornwall has been revealed as the ultimate all-round visitor destination in the British Travel Awards dominating the winners roll and claiming the coveted top spot for everything from overall region, to attraction, town and website.
For the fourth consecutive year Cornwall has been crowned Best Holiday Region.
Being interviewed after the awards ceremony, Malcolm Bell, Head of VisitCornwall, said: “As a clear winner, no other destination rivalled Cornwall’s enviable success which shows a unique diversity and unwavering quality across the industry. Cornwall excels in partnership working and this impressive feat is a collective effort which reflects on the whole industry. Congratulations to Cornish tourism.”
Joan Symons, Cornwall Council Portfolio Holder for Tourism, Culture and Leisure, adds: “These amazing award titles are all the more credible because they are from the people that count, visitors themselves – the nation has spoken and shown its love for Cornwall. To win awards in what has been a difficult year is testament to the strength of the tourism industry and offers a fantastic basis for 2013.”